▪ coordinate all IT activities for the plant
▪ support the translation of plant IT strategy into action plans and ensure implementation
▪ contribute to strategic and operative planning of the plant (e.g. with respect to investments, capacity and headcount planning)
▪ support the achievement of IT targets according to internal and external customer expectations
▪ initiate and implement continuous improvement activities by applying CBS methods and training measures
▪ interface to segment, BU or BA functions in order to gather local IT requirements and demands and other feedback
▪ participate in and/or steer global or local IT related and cross-functional projects
▪ support the preparation and the review of the IT budget
▪ ensure timely submission of financial data to controlling
▪ implement and conduct activities according to the budget established
▪ execute projects and project tasks using IT project management guidelines to the topics IT security, development, implementation and replacement of IT infrastructure and standards (e.g. processes, tools, KPIs)
▪ ensure advising of user departments/users in conjunction with the replacement of existing IT systems, with the introduction of new applications and in questions touching process organization and information technology
▪ participate in projects by working with the project teams and consult supported business to above topics
▪ ensure direction and training to ensure best utilization of standard IT applications
▪ coordinate with external and internal IT suppliers (e.g. SLA contract monitoring, purchasing, etc.) operating local plant IT infrastructure according to standards to ensure optimal local service provisioning
IT Operations support
▪ ensure operation, support and maintenance of plant IT infrastructure (software, clients and servers, IT service desk, desktop, server and mail service management, network and other physical equipment as e.g. printers, scanners, etc.) according to standards
▪ ensure operation of local plant data centers (facility management, fire protection, security control, backup, etc.) and implement a contingency plan
▪ support manufacturing engineering in operating and maintaining Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) according to standards
▪ ensure IT/data protection and security setup and maintenance of al IT devices (software and hardware) according to standards
▪ coordinate between plant operations and IT for system maintenance
▪ coordinate with various plant departments and local key users for operational and project support
university degree, preferably in information/computer science, engineering, business or related technical discipline (depending on plant size)
▪ 3 or more years of professional experience in various IT functions
▪ cross functional experience e.g. in engineering, supply chain, quality or CBS preferred
Fluent in English
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
We are a leading manufacturer of technical hoses made of plastic materials, with an experience of more than 100 years in the production of hoses that are used in numerous industrial applications, including oil and gas extraction, the food industry, water, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, mining, mechanical engineering, and many other fields.
Since 2019, we have been part of the Continental Group, a German multinational corporation, a leader in the automotive industry, with a turnover of about 44 billion with 250 thousand employees worldwide.
Our organizational structure consists of about 130 production lines, 200 extruders, and 20 presses, for a daily production of around 450,000 mt per day, with approximately 500 employees in two production sites, Daverio and Varano.