Are you ready to be at the forefront of cutting-edge projects, driving innovation, and optimizing manufacturing processes? We're seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Manufacturing Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in planning and executing equipment and building projects. Job responsibilities include:
- Plan and aggressively pursue equipment and building projects. These projects will include overhauls, upgrades, re-designs, and installations. New and rebuilt equipment must be tracked using Reliability and Maintainability guidelines and techniques from conception to decommissioning.
- Coordinate and provide timely feedback with the Plant Engineering and Production departments, working schedules for emergency repairs, planned repairs, project work, engineering changes, equipment installations, and estimates for downtime length.
- Work with Plant Engineering Staff to lower vendor base by:
a. Standardizing components to equipment types by make, model and distributor.
b. Specifying standardized components to equipment vendors/rebuilders.
c. Specifying the best component available at the best price.
d. Composing building and equipment specifications manuals.
- Organize, update, and maintain equipment files, support documents, drawings, and manuals.
- Compose (Electronically or sketched) mechanical prints or 3D models as needed.
- Perform various duties such as engineering design work (CAD), including solid modeling.
- Evaluate machine components that have failed and redesign if necessary.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field from accredited college or university.
5 or more years of manufacturing experience
2 years of 3D modeling experience
Experience with Computer Numerical Control (CNC) software and equipment used for computer-aided machining
Strong mechanical aptitude
Proficiency with MS Office products
Willingness to attend formalized training during work hours.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS (travel, lifting restrictions, etc.): Limited travel within the US Required. Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (infrequently) required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Hoosier Racing Tire is the largest race tire manufacturer in the world. Hoosier has grown to produce over 1000 different types of race tires. The company has its own 300-mph test wheel; a technology center; state-of-the-art, fully-integrated production facilities recently adding a high-tech mixing plant, with enough capacity to produce not only for Hoosier Racing Tire, but to have the ability to produce rubber for additional entities as well as a model sales and distribution network.
Our Hoosier location at Plymouth, IN is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?