Bulk Materials Handling Engineer in Kalyani
Technical responsible for bulk materials handling belts made in Kalyani, India. Actively participate for Product Development (PD) projects for Bulk Materials Handling business in APAC. Drive the Conveying Solutions (CS) New Product innovation. This is done within the goal of PD to lay the foundation of innovation for the BA IAPAC to be the leader for highly developed products and systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:▪
▪ Manage product development projects assigned, technical responsibility for bulk materials handling belts in Kalyani, India.
Actively participate for Product Development (PD) projects for Bulk Materials Handling business in APAC.
▪ Drive the New Product Development Funnel, contribute to product management activities, participate and support in strategic projects.
▪ Customer acquisition and Product Development to meet India standards.
▪ Define DFMEA and product DVP to meet the project requirement book and develop test plans and procedures
▪ Drive, document and train design standards for the product line
▪ Systematically analyze own and competitor products, including their product performance and manufacturing process
▪ Becoming the technical expert to train new engineering staff, to help in complaint questions, back-up for Application Engineering.
▪Develop belt specifications and define/obtain materials and process steps for building prototype belts.
▪ Develop new belt constructions to improve belt functionality and durability performance.
▪Improve belt quality and reduce process cost, scrap cost and material cost.
▪Document test results of prototype belts; Issue product specification with tolerances
▪ Contribute to CT raw material strategy around sustainable products by approving into final products
▪ Approval of alternative suppliers, Raw Materials (Polymers, Chemicals, Fabrics, Steel Cables, Fasteners, Splice Materials, etc.).
▪Work with Material Platform / Material Process Engineering to define specifications and test procedures for raw material suppliers (cord, fabric, coating, rubber)
▪Assist in the development of new alternative material suppliers and support audit if necessary
--University level Bachelor's Degree in Core Engineering or Science;
--Minimum 5 years in rubber materials R & D, and rubber product development; or > 10 years working experiences in general rubber and plastics industries;
--Moderate knowledge of management skills, tools and techniques
Have lead small projects within the organization.
Moderate knowledge of Conveyor Belts Products and good understanding of rubber materials and manufacturing methods.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.