Controlling Financial Analyst
Performing controlling and financial analyst functions as required in a manufacturing environment. Responsible to provide meaningful information to the management for profitability improvement, for the accuracy of analysis and the completeness of month end closing and budget tasks as well other duties.
- Analyze manufacturing variations and other account analysis.
- Investigate manufacturing cost situations and propose methods and programs for improving financial results of the Sumter plant.
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly reports as requested from the management (and any associated analysis) and discuss it with department managers.
- Represent controlling in business team meetings.
- Establish or revise processes and procedures where required.
- Check and release shopping and personnel requests.
- Assisting in financial analysis for new investments.
- Ensuring completeness of month end closing (including Forecast) and budget process tasks (e.g. analysis of variations, fix costs, balance sheet items, preparation of D-Charts)
- Driving the plant to meet financial goals for all operative activities that impact Sumter financial performance.
- Manage the implementation of new controlling tools / processes and procedures as directed from central manufacturing controlling, the Americas and/or worldwide HQ.
- Take over additional tasks within the Controlling team as a substitute for (as example but not limited) investment controlling, product costing.
- Ensure implementation of measures and maintain controls, raise awareness and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties, ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards, demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
- Perform other duties / assignments as directed by the Plant Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Financial Controlling experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to understand and apply US GAAP and IFRS
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Continental is able to offer visa support and relocation for internal candidates.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Controlling team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?