Product Manager - Conveying Solutions - Special Products
As the Product Manager of Conveying Solution - Special Products APAC, you will be responsible for driving product strategy and planning, Internal and External stakeholder management, ensuring the successful development and launch of our products, and developing our special solutions product roadmap.
This position requires a combination of strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills, and the ability to inspire and motivate relevant stakeholders.
As a PM you will need to know, understand and communicate the Value Proposition and the benefit to purchase case for the products in your portfolio. Special products would primarily included but not limited to pipe belts, engineered products (Flexowell, Sicon, Filter, Cleated belting), agricultural & construction equipment products, amongst others.
Product Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, BD, Innovation Management, MarCom, S/C, Operations and the Segments to develop and execute product strategies aligned with company goals and market trends
- Conduct market research and competitor, and product analysis to identify new product opportunities and make informed decisions
- Define and prioritize product features, enhancements, and releases based on customer needs and business objectives.
- Develop and manage product roadmaps, and the product life cycle, ensuring alignment with overall company strategy and objectives
- Align with Global counterparts to ensure maximum synergies throughout the organization
Product Development and Launch
- Oversee the end-to-end product development process in conjunction with IM and MarCom from ideation and requirements to development, testing, SOP, and market launch
- Work closely with the Segments, IM, MarCom and the R&D teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of high-quality products
- Collaborate with BD, MarCom and the Segment teams to develop go-to-market strategies, product positioning, and messaging
- Monitor product performance, gather customer feedback, and analyze data to identify areas for improvement and optimize product offerings
- Strive for win-win outcomes that benefit both the product and its stakeholders. Look for opportunities to create shared value and align interests
- Build a compelling business case for your product initiatives, highlighting the value they bring to the organization, customers, and stakeholders themselves. Use data, market research, and user insights to support your arguments
- Communication and Transparency: Keep stakeholders informed about your product roadmap, milestones, and progress. Provide regular updates through meetings, presentations, emails, or a shared project management tool. Be transparent about challenges and risks and communicate how you plan to address them
- Implement KPIs that drive the business towards reaching its goal
- Support dashboards preparation that provide meaningful insights to day-to-day commercial performance of product (line)
- Conduct periodic business reviews to communicate measurement to KPIs
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering
- 5+ years work experience preferably in at least 2 different functional areas or in different companies- with exposure in conveyor belting domain
- Proven ability to successfully work in highly diverse global teams
- Minimum 5 years' work experience
- Completed one or more:
- Managed a process
- Managed cross-functional project teams
- Preferably supervised a team of 2 or more
- Must be fluent in English for both written and oral communications. Fully embraces diversity.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.