Electronics & Instrumentation Controls Technician
Fixes technical problems by applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics. Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, systems, and related products and services.
- Coordinate the adherence of NFPA 70e standards for facility
- Manage the requests for changes to software, logic, information and controls
- Continuous documentation of all programs, critical machine settings, manuals, etc.
- Develops and maintains electrical documentation: IP addresses, P and ID diagrams
- Responsible to work with electricians to carrying out the maintenance, trouble-shooting and repair of electrical systems in support of the operation of the manufacturing facility
- Provides support and training to plant technicians regarding controls network and infrastructure
- Acts as a liaison with the Information Technology department to ensure the quality and reliability of plant systems
- Continuously apply sound electrical solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement
- Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers
- Assist with identifying and ordering spare parts
- Provides support in maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- High School Diploma
- 5+ Years Experience working with electrical controls and PLCs
Technical Certification or Associates Degree in Controls, programming, robotics, mechatronics, or networking
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of electrical schematics, power distribution & controls, motor & motor controls, Programmable logic controllers, operator interface computerized control panels, and other industrial controls. Experience using AutoCAD Drawing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.