Intern - Application and Product Specialist
The Application and Product Specialist Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Provide accurate automotive application data to internal and external customers
- Initiate the new part set-up process
- Assist the Product Development team by benchmarking OEM part samples
- Stay up-to-date on the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program pursuing a degree in Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours (Mon-Fri)
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
- Mechanically inclined with proven ability to work under pressure
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Good interpersonal skills - must work well on a team
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
- Previous automotive parts catalog working experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.