Aftersales Diagnostic Engineer
Opportunity within luxury performance Automotive OEM within the Aftersales team, to work within a well-established diagnostic team on diagnostic development.
- Author content for guided diagnostics using GradeX IDE or other diagnostic tools.
- Author Diagnostics documentation
- Interdepartmental collaboration with development engineers on process optimisation and instigate diagnostic change requests
- Using Softing, Vector or 3rd party tools to query ODX databases
- Perform validation of ODX data using a mix of simulation, test rigs and pre-production vehicles
- Develop and maintain simulation environments designed to support the validation of new diagnostic content.
- Validate diagnostics software releases against design specification and report any non-conformities or bugs
Profession and Personal Capabilities (Required & Preferred)
- Experience working in Automotive Electrical Engineering diagnostics - Current knowledge of developing diagnostics using VW ODIS-Creator or Bosch GradeX is advantageous.
- Ability to work from Surrey for 2-3days/week
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards, processes and rules and internal decision-making structures
- Knowledge of 12V conventional vehicle systems architecture is required and HV electronics vehicle architecture ideal – training is provided
- Risk management, Problem Resolution, Lessons Learned, escalation & root cause knowledge is ideal
- Knowledge of relevant technology and processes, software and/ or services and different engineering and base solutions
- Effective communication with customers, customer relationship management, customer collaboration.
- Willingness to travel to support customer projects at multiple U.K. locations.
- Knowledge of Continental and its environment, the corporate strategy and its goals are desirable.
- Diagnostic Engineering Tools (VW ODIS-Creator or Bosch GradeX)
- CAN Tools (Vector CANdela Studio/CANalyser/CANape)
- MS Office suite
** Please note that a clean UK driving License is required for this position.**
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- 33 Days holiday
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off
- Discount on gym membership for you and our partner
- Free Thrive app access
- Workwear provided
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Purchase more holiday days
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.