The System Requirements & Test Engineer is responsible or requirements analysis support, requirement analysis planning. Furthermore He/She is also responsible for test plan, Bench Development, test case development (Including automation), test execution and report, test results analysis.
HE/She is responsible to Defines test tool requirements develop and/or make sure the necessary tool equipment’s are available and Maintained.
He/She Supports the issues/failures understanding and resolution
System Test Engineers will follow different test level:
- SiL (Software in the Loop): Test of functionality of single software components or the complete software system
- HiL (Hardware in the Loop): Test of functionality of the complete software focusing on the interaction between software and hardware.
- Vehicle Test: Test of functionality with real interaction between all system components. (The test is focused on performance and robustness.)
The resource will report to the Requirements and test group Leader.
- Establish Test Management Board (TMB)
- Responsible for test related customer communication requirements.
- Test Environment consolidation [MLC20]
- Develop a project specific test strategy & Test Plan
- Define test activities & schedule (TPS)
- Define/Develop/consolidate test environments (SIL, HIL, VEH)
- Support review of REQ- and Test- documents.
- Assure Traceability REQ <> Test Case <> Test Result
- Monitoring of release test activities, support deviation.
- Review test results and monitoring of action items.
- Support and establish customer specific test
- Create release recommendation
- Coordinate and track project milestones and schedule to ensure achievement of goals
- Ensure the Maintenance of the Benches needed (HIL, SIL, Customer Bench)
- Support of different requirements engineers for the correct requirements analysis, interpretation, and internal requirement translation for the developers
- Define a requirement implementation timing and traceability
- Manage the requirements changes request and requirements release packages.
Additional responsibility & Support:
- to support in vehicle model development and/or refinement
- to support in the logic implementation in case of virtual ECUs (proper signals identification, reference system and units);
- VF Implementation & Verification support
- bus communication set-up between model signals and ECU or between two different ECUs (the ECUs could be either physical or simulated depending on the system requirements);
- CarMaker scenarios definition and/or adaption depending on desired requirements.
- to support in the fault injection plan and proper signal communication.
- SW development such as HMI: such as on vehicle including dashboard, Key Status (or Ignition Working Condition or vehicle state handling), maneuvers definition, Automatic failure generation set up, Vehicle BUS definition as easy as possible (Example staring from dbc files)
- Support to create a flexible architecture to ensure the SIL/MIL/HIL closed loop simulation on OEM & Conti Test benches.
- Test Cases according to Customer & Internal Continental needs for reaching a full test scope
- Test Automation when feasible
- Data collecting / Failure analysis/ reports generation
Graduated with Master engineering university on Electronic, Informatics, Mechatronics, Automation, or equivalent (to be evaluated)
- English Fluent
- Italian Mother Language
- German Desired
- Good team worker, problem solving oriented, flexibility, ability to take good decisions (win-win) quickly.
- Good international social skills and drive-force to get the required support from all the responsible persons within Conti and OEM requirements and testing departments to solve the issues, with quality, on time.
- Authority to lead/Steer meetings (@ Continental and Customer) discussing issues and their solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Continue improvement & motivation for knowledge increase
- Proactive behaviour
- Driving License B
- Good Driving Skills
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.