Digital Service Technician
Vaše náplň práce
- Play a vital and highly valued role in keeping our operations running to support the achievement of the plant’s business goals and objectives
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain various equipment on all Production Areas, focused on, but not limited to, the Digital Service tasks.
- Provide the first Digital Service technical support for the plant during the shift.
- Expand technical knowledge through highly diversified job duties and interface with the Digital Service Engineers for the troubleshooting and debugging of Manufacturing Systems (SFI, MCAT, MMS, CGRS, FFDACS, etc.) tech support, Siemens and Beckhoff PLCs and Drives troubleshooting, IPC Management, Cyber Security applications and other automation technologies around all manufacturing areas.
- Provide technical support on Controls and Drives applications, such as Versiondog, Acronis, Barracuda, Group Policy, Domain Integration,VNC, etc.
- Provide technical digital service support for Maintenance, IT, Process, Projects, Quality, Utilities and Production.
- Support the development and application of automation projects for the whole plant and upport the roll out of Digital Service applications and solutions.
- Support the development of innovative digital service solutions to ensure continuous process improvements, scrap reduction, increase equipment availability and improve performance.
- Install and maintain production equipment, including emergency/unscheduled repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair control devices and motors (110 V AC – 4160 V AC) and troubleshoot, program, and repair PLCs on the shop floor.
- Repair relay/limit switch logic devices and electronic control devices that utilize solid state components, transistors, diodes, and VDC, including printed circuit board assemblies.
- Maintain power and lighting transformers.
- Must have strong electrical/electronic aptitude and an understanding of PLCs, IPCs, Drives and Computers.
- Must be able to use hand tools and precision measuring devices
- Must have accurate troubleshooting/problem solving skills and strong communication and computer skills.
- Follow all plant and environmental policies as well as plant and departmental safety policies.
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others.
- Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
- Support the Continental Business System (CBS) structure by participating in the applicable CBT meeting, reviewing and managing his/her/team performance, conducting simple problem-solving using action sheets, identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, participating in the CBT reviews, and taking ownership for presented parts of the team boards
- Other duties as assigned
- AAS degree is Mechatronics, Electrical, Industrial Maintenance OR 5 or more years work experience in industrial maintenance
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Medium to heavy work. Exposure to heat and dust. Must be able to stand for long periods, frequently stoop, twist, bend, walk long distances, climb stairs/ladders, and lift 50 or more pounds occasionally. Not afraid to get dirty. Full range of motion in both hands and arms with the ability to use both hand and powered tools. Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
- AAS Degree in Mechatronics or Electrical, or Industrial Maintenance WITH 4+ years of industrial maintenance experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable, and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Digital Service Maintenance Technician to join our Digital Service department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?