Supplier Quality Management_Category Stamping (m/f/diverse)
- Quality responsibility for dedicated components and suppliers within the Category on a worldwide basis
- Analysing and evaluating strategic supplier data including proactive definition and implementation of improvement measures
- Planning, initiating, implementing and controlling appropriate measures to assure the supplier quality along the complete process chain
- Aligning Category strategy and supplier panel in close cooperation with Category Purchasing
- Qualifying, introducing and releasing suppliers, technologies and manufacturing processes by VDA6.3 Audits with high focus on early involvement and failure prevention
- Responsibility for Supplier Improvement and Development Programs within the Category
- Worldwide escalation level for supplier quality topics within the Category, e.g. for Red Alerts and Quality Red Alert Meetings
- Preparing and performing management meeting with suppliers
- Reviewing sourcing documentation and preparation for management decision
- Defining Category specific requirements and maintenance of respective documentation
- Negotiating quality contracts (e.g.: GQA, CQR, QPR)
- Working in international and multi-disciplinary teams including e.g. Purchasing, Engineering, Project Management, local SQM departments, Customer Quality and Logistic
- Driving root cause analysis and enforce the definition and implementation of appropriate counter measures at the supplier to ensure that the parts and services meet the defined quality requirements ( 8D method)
- Centralized sourcing, qualification, introduction and release of mechanical components according PLC and APQP incl. handover to the plant with focus on suppliers, development locations and plants
- Functional responsibility for the defined parts, services, categories and suppliers
- Maintaining defined Supplier Quality Management System (procedures, guidelines and tools), to ensure the requested quality in line with the CA Purchasing strategies in order to meet the cost- and productivity targets
- Planning, initiating and controlling failure prevention orientated, advanced quality management measures in the design / development phase for supplied parts and services (Feasibility Commitment, Project Reviews, Run & Rate, Safe Launch Concept, Quality Control Plan etc.) to ensure that our products meet the defined quality requirements
- Academic Degree in Engineering or comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in the above-mentioned areas
- Product specifics know-how about stamping, metal forming and related process technologies, manufacturing technologies (e.g. cutting, trimming, fine blanking, treatment, assembly)
- Auditor training, VDA 6.3 and ISO/TS knowledge
- Basic know-how in Project Management
- Quality skills, e.g. 8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC
- Very good English language skills (written and spoken) as well as good German language skills desired
- Basic know-how for Microsoft Office and statistic tools, e.g. Minitab
- Self-drive and initiative
- Willingness to travel (approx. 50%)
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
You are looking for an individual working time model? We support part-time work.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.