Material Platform Developer - Adhesives
- Development of new rubber and composite materials, material platforms and innovative technologies for ContiTech Industry products
- Development of new adhesive products (surface coatings and treatments, rubber-to-metal, textile and -plastic bonding, tie-layers, etc), based on various organic chemistries
- Leading one or multiple R&D projects with high business criticality
- Provide technical expertise, drive knowledge sharing, and support project teams in problem-solving
- Central contact for the area of responsibility for ContiTech worldwide
- Introduction of new formulations to manufacturing plants, driving sustainability & innovation, cost & quality improvements, along with compound consolidation
- Support the serial introduction phase of new products, including prototyping & process, together with relevant departments and functions
- Management and evaluation of material tests. Including but not limited to rheological, mechanical, chemical, physical, and forensic analysis
- Identify and implement processing optimization potentials for topics such as surface treatments, bonding, compounding/mixing, vulcanization, calendaring, extrusion, and injection & transfer molding
- Drive activities to improve and standardize procedures as a part of a lean and agile organization
- Work together with other R&D functions (Research, Process Development, Product Development, Material Testing), Operations and Business Areas
- Academic degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar
- Solid background in development of rubber, elastomers, composites, or similar materials; including testing and data analysis
- Comprehensive experience in rubber, composites, or plastic production processes
- Strong analytical skills - problem solving, decision making, data classification, examination of correlations, etc.
- Strong customer-oriented thinking, ownership, and collaboration skills
- Sense of urgency in completing projects on time and effectively
- Intercultural fluency – Ability to work with people from different cultures around the world
- Project management experience
- Fluent English and basic Hungarian language skills
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.
Materials are the key performance contributors for products of Continental Group Sector - ContiTech. As a Material Platform Developer within our central R&D you will be responsible for our adhesion and bonding formulations for applications such as Railway, Commercial & Industrial Vehicles, Hoses, Conveyor belts, Machines & Equipment, etc.
Join our highly motivated team of innovative minds and contribute to the development & maintenance of best-in-class products!