Quality Engineer Intern
In this role you will assist the Quality Department and perform assigned tasks and functions in accordance with organizational instructions, established safety procedures, and ISO 9001:2015 standards as directed.
- Work with various department to identify best practices, implement processes, and monitor production to ensure highest quality/best value and making recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with maintaining the quality inspection and testing program for manufactured products.
- Keep supervisors informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective process management. Coordinate/communicate plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and “team” approach.
- Support Quality, Process Engineering, and Lean as directed to complete continuous improvement activities.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Comply with all company labor policies.
- Active participate in Train the Trainer Training.
- Take advantage of opportunities to develop self.
- Support to prepare & audit lab tests.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required.
- Help to support and create process audit.
- Must be in college working towards a B.S. degree in a relevant field.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Successfully complete all company training as required.
- Sufficient mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity skills to operate all measurement instrumentation.
- Ability to perform detailed work requiring continuous concentration.
- SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Knowledge of operating methods and procedures as they relate to their work center.
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned job functions in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Works safely and keeps work area clear of potential hazards.
- Deals effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedures.
No visa sponsorship or relocation provided
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
- The Wahpeton, ND location is seeking a Quality Engineer Intern to join our team.