Payroll Manager, US
The Payroll Manager is responsible for leading the Payroll team, ensuring the delivery and execution of payroll and withholding tax timelines and deliverables, addressing internal and external business challenges, and regulatory issues. Manages staff of 5 Payroll and Tax Specialists, including one Supervisor
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll including processing payroll for weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly payroll cycles, posting to multiple finance systems, garnishment administration, job development incentives, and tax operations.
- Liase with Finance to establish annual budget, forecasting and cost center allocations.
- Approves all payroll and tax related funding and ensures timely submittal to third party provider.
- Work with ADP to establish reasonable service fees and approve all service invoices.
- Manages Payroll Tax Operations within a complex organizational environment including multiple EIN’s and hybrid working environments.
- Responsible for monitoring change to payroll and tax regulations and ensure compliance.
- Participates in payroll related projects, including system implementations, process improvements, and M/A Activity.
- Monitor and assess service tickets and assign to team as needed.
- Completes complex tax entries related to executive compensation and expat taxation.
- Completes quarterly and annual Tax Incentive requirements including calculation, submission, and governmental audit based on pre-established contractual agreements.
- Oversees employee repayment management, adjusts taxation accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years+ of relevant Payroll experience
- 3 years+ of of managerial experience, strong leadership skills
- Expert level/Highly advanced knowledge using Excel
- Strong work ethic and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptionally motivated, organized, and detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Continental will not offer visa support now or in the future
- Continental will offer relocation assistance for internal candidates.
- 10 years+ of relevant Payroll experience
- Expert level/Highly advanced knowledge in SAP
- CPP (American Payroll Association)
- Payroll Tax experience
- Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while delivering results
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Proven track record of sound decision-making, taking ownership, and developing new ideas and creative solutions while delivering results.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Payroll Manager to join our Payroll group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.