Buyer - Manufacturing
The Buyer will play an integral part in managing and coordinating activities related to outside purchases for Valparaiso. This includes strategic and tactical sourcing, in alignment with BU strategies and KPI’s, and coordination with corporate and regional purchasing on pooled materials for both NPM and PM. Understand the needs of the plant to develop new suppliers if necessary and supplier management activities to achieve cost-efficient, accurate and on-time purchases, maintaining compliance with Continental purchasing policies.
- Manage supplier relationships to meet technical, quality, delivery and cost expectations.
- Align with Commodity Manager(s) to coordinate strategic supplier selections, define metal supplier panel, forecasts, technical, quality, delivery and cost expectations.
- Drive sourcing process by negotiating prices, finalizing sourcing decision and negotiating contract terms.
- Define and develop strategic suppliers and contracts.
- Drive change management process with suppliers.
- Drive cost savings initiatives.
- Work with R&D, Engineering, Marketing and Project Management on new developments or product changes.
- Continuous market analysis to confirm source selections, strategic supplier list, quality performance and cost competitiveness.
- Monitor and report on KPI's (key performance indicators) for assigned running production parts and suppliers.
- Determine and implement solutions to meet goals.
- Manage budget process for assigned sku’s or suppliers.
- Act as escalation path between Vendor and AP for non-payment to Vendors.
- Act as escalation path for purchasing topics (supply, quality, logistics, engineering).
- Participate and support Conti Business Systems (CBS) events, plant projects and special events.
- Evaluate and work with NPM purchasing for best cost contracts to benefit plant.
- Drive, support and monitor improvements in NPM/Stores purchasing processes such as the use of Continental negotiated catalogs.
- Develop new suppliers for new technologies as required.
- Relevant Bachelors Degree 2+ years of experience or 4+ years of experience if no Bachelors Degree
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) intermediate level usage
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- SAP Knowledge
- High degree of integrity and commitment to Continental’s core values: Trust, Passion to Act, Freedom to Win, and For One Another
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.