Cloud Data Platforms Architect (m/f/d) - REF47979P
Continental’s digital capabilities are growing every day. The young team of dedicated and passionate professionals, Tires Cloud Practice, is pushing the frontier of what's possible to ensure information flows even more smoothly to Continental teams and customers around the globe.
The team operates with an open mind, trust and a healthy sense of humor. If this sounds like you, and if you love to be at the forefront of technology creating modern cloud-based solutions, Tires Cloud Practice and Continental are the perfect match for you.
Joining our ranks as a Cloud Data Platforms Architect (m/f/diverse), you'll play a critical role in the design and implementation of our data platforms. Focusing on technical excellence and strategical thinking, you'll lead initiatives to modernize and integrate data platforms across the organization, enabling our customers to access data in a secure, reliable, and comfortable manner.
In this exciting role, you'll be responsible for
- Designing and modernizing the landscape of existing cloud data platforms
- Leading the productization of our most modern data platform
- Ensuring our data engineers can reliably combine streaming and batch data sets
- Easing the deployment process of new data platforms and their future revisions
- Demonstrating technical leadership by working on standards and best-practices with main stakeholders from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, R&D, and more
- Academic degree in computer science, software engineering or comparable qualification
- Several years professional software development experience, showcased by a portfolio of previous work
- Multiple years of software design or architecture experience (desirably in data platforms)
- Thorough knowledge of data processing, data lake and warehousing concepts
- Proficiency with big data services offered by public cloud providers, e.g. AWS Glue, AWS EMR, Databricks, Azure Data Factory or HDInsight
- Experience programming with at least one high-level programming language (e.g. Python or TypeScript)
- Profound knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tooling, e.g. AWS CDK or Terraform
- Business fluent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team-oriented attitude
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
The job in numbers: You are going to work 37.5 hours a week in a team of 8. We offer 30 days of vacation per year.
Being part of a global IT team of thousands of colleagues working on various innovations and tasks, there is always an opportunity to grow and move into different directions within our corporation.
On top of that you can expect the following benefits:
- Individual development planning based on your personal needs and targets (e. g. mentoring, trainings, or global internal Software Academy)
- Work from home up to 3 days a week (unless workshops etc. require physical presence)
- Option to work from other EU countries up to 40 days per year
- Possibility of part-time contract up to 80 %
- Agile and collaborative workstyle
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Employee discounts
- An international team across 2 locations in a globally active organization
- Company and tariff pension plan
- Assistance with child-care
- Relocation package offered if needed
- Canteen on-site
- On-site physicians
- Sabbatical option
If this sounds like a perfect match for you and if you want to become the next supporter of our core values Trust For One Another, Passion to Win and Freedom to Act, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
Senior Cybersecurity Consultant – Penetration Test Management (m/f/diverse) - REF40247N
HR IT SAP HCM Consultant Payroll (m/w/divers) - REF43902M
Praktikum - IT / Mitarbeit an einer innovativen Web 2.0-Plattform - REF43247Y
Product Cybersecurity and Privacy Specialist (m/f/diverse) - REF37656K