Compliance Officer (France & Benelux) F/H
As a member of the Legal Community of Continental, the main responsibilities of the Compliance Officer are :
- Design, implement and monitor the Compliance Management System (Anti-Corruption, Antitrust and AML) in in the regions France & Benelux in association with the relevant functions and in accordance with applicable laws (Sapin 2 law in France). In this regard, the “Compliance Officer France & Benelux” is expected to:
- Coordinate the development of the local corruption and influence peddling, risk mapping in alignment with the Group Compliance Risk Mapping;
- Support the local interpretation of the Group Code of Conduct
- Conduct staff training and information actions in the companies in scope (based on the risk mapping);
- Provide expertise to line managers in charge of conducting third party due diligence and provide an opinion in high-risk cases (for instance, on the renewal of a contract); and
- Assist with the formalization of anti-corruption-specific accounting and internal control procedures in the anti-corruption program and with the definition of a control “checklist” (red flags);
- Provide operational support to the Regional directors, managers, local Compliance Coordinators and staff of the companies in scope in connection with risk situations and act as the contact point for sales representatives and other functions exposed to risks of corruption and influence peddling, antitrust, and AML;
- Support (together with local management) the promotion and dissemination of Continental’s Compliance culture within the companies in scope and regularly liaising with their senior management in that regard;
- Monitor best practices and the development of anti-corruption, antitrust, and AML norms and standards. Continuously support the review, improvement and implementation of the Compliance Management System (CMS) of Continental and support the local management in ensuring the implementation and effective monitoring of the CMS;
- Develop a strong network across Continental’s French and Benelux organizations with the local Compliance Coordinators to help design, deploy and monitor anti-corruption, antitrust, and AML measures; and
- Assess requirements for local amendments to group policies based on legal requirements (e.g. for France, the Sapin 2 law and the Waserman law).
- Academic Degree in Law (preferred) or Business Administration or comparable education;
- At least 8 years of proven professional experience (mandatory)
- Expertise in relevant local anti-corruption laws (e.g. the Sapin 2 law);
- Experience in risk mapping, management methods, internal control and analysis tools;
- Professional experience in the field of Compliance in an international context;
- English language skills (in spoken and written) and business proficiency in French (C1 minimum) ;
- Additional language skills preferred (e.g. Dutch, German);
- Solid MS Office skills;
- Good communication skills and strong team player mentality; and
- Intercultural competence.
*6 reasons to join us*
#1 Our employees, our leaders: We are looking for employees who are creative, who think outside the box and who have the ambition to build the mobility of the future.
#2 Challenges: our leitmotiv! Our ambition is to create the technologies and solutions of tomorrow around the mobility of the future.
#3 Innovation at the heart of our priorities, at the heart of our DNA.
#4 We combine work, fun and team spirit. Here, work and pleasure are not incompatible!
#5 Career potential and international potential, a factor of opportunity. You are joining a Group without borders where there are many opportunities.
#6 We are flex, we promote a flexible working environment for the well-being of our employees.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machinery, traffic and transport. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive business unit brings together technologies associated with passive safety, braking, chassis, trajectory and lane control systems. Its portfolio also includes innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and video solutions for the vehicle interior, as well as intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities in connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers complete the range of products and services.