Aftermarket Regional Sales Manager - West
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. We are seeking an Aftermarket Regional Sales Manager – West to join our team.
ONE ContiTech – The first choice for material driven solutions.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Please join us and contribute to our goals with your new role as Area Sales Manager. Your new place to work is in the West (remote).
To be an active and contributing member of the US aftermarket distribution sales team in a coordinated effort to exceed the following targets: Sales growth at a minimum of 3% above the industry, margin, accounts receivables and cost management.
To be a key part of the Aftermarket team to execute our distribution strategy to maximize the BA Industrial Solutions Americas profitable growth and market share.
To drive customer centricity though the entire BA organization to establish a preference and premium for our products and solutions, establishing ContiTech as the preferred partner of choice in the automotive aftermarket.
- Segment strategy execution within the area of responsibility
- Responsibility for customer acquisition including cold calls
- Support contracts/ business proposals including commercial negotiation
- Develop and maintain a strong, trusting, and cooperative long-term relationship with our customers in territory during regular site visits and sales calls.
- Leads sales team of the West region and directly takes ownership to support customers to grow our aftermarket offering with joined marketing activities (incl. open house participation), product and sales training, launch of range extension, stock optimizations and gap analysis
- Ensure regular customer feedback on forecast and adjusts input to operations and SCM.
- Provide critical customer feedback, competitor information and market trends to benchmark our performance.
- Leads sales team of the west region and directly takes ownership to resolve operational and administrative issues, respond to internal and external inquiries, and prepare routine and special reports as required by management.
- Organizes, leads and contributes to a diverse, motivated, supporting and winning team.
- Continuously works to develop the team including their own succession.
- Manages team performance in a transparent, fair and proactive manner.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years sales experience, preferably in the automotive aftermarket
- Previous leadership of field sales (regional and/or sales manager) and experience managing large accounts preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Natural ability to connect with people and build long-lasting relationships
- Solid organization and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Valid driver's license with responsible driving record
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Ability to comply with physical demands, such as lifting, walking, and climbing ladders
- Must reside within one of these following states: AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic, and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.