Algorithm Developer - Ultrasonic Perception
In the Budapest Artificial Intelligence Development Center of Continental Autonomous Mobility we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering world-class perception and fusion systems. Our teams develop software solutions for automated parking systems, processing various automotive sensor data and providing a robust, scalable output to driving function modules.
In your position as developer within the Ultrasonic Data Processing algorithm development team, you are responsible for the concept development, implementation and verification of algorithms describing the surrounding environment of a component, in which the vehicle drives. In this position you align and participate actively to the design of the newest ADAS components to fit the needs of the customers for our automated parking solutions.
Your domain of responsibility and activity covers additionally:
- Software development of algorithms for the description of the driving environment in complex real-world environments, with special focus on ultrasonic data processing.
- Creation of all necessary work products along the development process for series software from requirements, over design, planning and implementation to verification and validation.
- Provide component and feature roadmaps aligned with product strategies and roadmaps for existing and future development.
- Application and compliance with R&D processes and standards within group and assurance of adequate documentation.
- Alignment and interaction with the internal and external customers and participation in workshops and audits.
- Actively support demos (incl. vehicle testing), acquises and quotes (RFI & RFQ) including alignment on requirements.
- University degree (BSc, MSc, PhD) in a technical area: Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related.
- Several years of experience in ultrasonic data processing and related algorithm design.
- Experience in automotive SW development for automated driving functions.
- Knowledge in data processing, ultrasonic or sensor technologies and in software development methods and standards.
- Expertise in algorithm rapid prototyping and associated tools (Python, Matlab).
- User-level knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
- Good command of the English language.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Collaborative, open-minded, team player attitude.
What We Offer
- Participation in exciting, highly innovative projects.
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility.
- Ability to directly deliver software into real products.
- Access to cutting-edge technologies and to one of Europe’s largest in-house GPU clusters.
- Opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our test vehicle.
- Continous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills.
- A friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Private health insurance
- Bonus system
- Employee discounts
- Sport pass support
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements
- Easily accessible office location in downtown Budapest (near Kálvin square).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental, founded in 1871, is a global technology company specializing in sustainable and connected mobility solutions. With 150 years of experience, we provide safe, efficient, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, and transportation. In 2022, we achieved €39.4 billion in sales, employing over 199,000 people across 57 countries. Our portfolio includes automotive safety, brakes, automation, and communication technologies for vehicles.