Head of Manufacturing Process Engineering
[08:45] Senthamaran, Asha
ONE ContiTech – The first choice for material driven solutions.
Are you interested in shaping the future of ContiTech together with a great team?
Please join us and contribute to our goals with your new role as Manufacturing Process Engineering. Your new place to work is flexible (APAC Location) and will be defined later. (hybrid).
As Mfg Process Engineering (Business Area Industrial Solutions APAC) you will be responsible for the BAs manufacturing process and equipment engineering. Focus is the BA-specific development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and new equipment technologies. The key targets include ensuring that production targets are met, maintaining quality control standards, and optimizing manufacturing processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Responsibility for the results (goal setting and achievement) of the whole Manufacturing Process & Equipment Engineering team
- Develop and implement engineering strategies that support the BA’s overall business strategy. To work closely with senior leadership to ensure that engineering initiatives align with business goals including strategies to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance quality.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve manufacturing processes, products, and quality through process improvements, lean manufacturing techniques, and other initiatives
- Develop and manage budgets for manufacturing operations and equipment
- Steer engineering of manufacturing processes according to GS standards
- Responsible for series start-ups (launch management), process optimization in series production (pressure, temperature, speed)
- Drive implementation of green manufacturing projects together with plants
- Ensure creation, maintenance and implementation support of BA specific equipment/machine standards (production concept, equipment, shopfloor IT) and developments
- Drive engineering and implementation of machines and infrastructure (invest projects) according to standards
- Drive implementation of smart factory/automation projects together with plants
- Report all activities (e.g. operational tasks, budget, project status, risks) to the responsible direct supervisor
- Balance resources within the ww Manufacturing Process & Equipment Engineering organization, Support qualified staffing and development of team
- Collaboration excellence between the Manufacturing Process & Equipment Engineering Function with our internal and external customers with a transparent and efficient knowledge/competence transfer and communication. Also collaboration excellence especially towards GS M&E functions.
- Master's degree in engineering: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, or a related fields
- Specialized training in manufacturing processes: Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, or quality
- Professional experience in management, project management, specific technical experiences (e.g. material flow simulations, machine design, maintenance concepts
- 7-10 years of experience in responsibility for process, product or equipment engineering or production, leading major projects within a technical function
- Budget management experience
- Strong management experience including a strong track record of leading and managing teams effectively, including hiring, training, and motivating team members to perform at their best
- Experience in working with international teams on production topics and understanding of foreign cultures
- Proficient in minimum 2 languages, English is mandatory
Work Location: all APAC locations
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.