Vehicle Test and Development Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Test & Validation Engineer to join our Engineering Solutions team, in the Crewe area. This opportunity will based day to day working for one of our Luxury OEM customers, with travel opportunities outside of the UK.
The main duties for the role include:
- Responsible for Vehicle software update.
- Tasks Involve Installing, testing and monitoring vehicle test equipment.
- Changing of vehicle hardware (for example sensors, ECUs).
- Sensor/ECU alignment (DAS, Ride Height's Top View, Lighting etc).
- Functionality check of test equipment.
- Trouble shooting and rectification of electrical issues.
- Support Vehicle testing activity.
- Knowledge of Vehicle Electrical Systems.
- Knowledge of vehicle data systems, ECU preplacement, vehicle testing.
- Experience with diagnostic tools.
- Engineering Experience with automotive or similar products.
- Knowledge of Vehicle Dataloggers and vehicle configuration.
- Experience of working with Hybrid vehicles is advantage.
- Polite and professional attitude
- Organised by nature
- Ability to present reports to higher management.
- Available to travel in Europe without restrictions
- Full UK driving license
Why join Continental? Take a look at the list of benefits available to our employees..
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme up to 12%.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- 33 Days holiday.
- Employee discounts on Continental Tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Early Friday finish.
- Working hours = Days Monday to Friday
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off .
- Discount on gym membership for you and our partner.
- Free Thrive app access.
- Workwear provided.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Purchase additional holiday up to 5 days.
- Team building days.
- Annual salary reviews for employees.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.