Mechanical Engineer - Tires
- Assists Maintenance Area Leader in the management of the Area Maintenance department;
- Ensures a proper diagnostic of mechanical problems, repair and restart of production machineries of the area of responsibility;
- Is responsible for coordination of external companies, contracted by Plant Engineering and working in his/her area of responsibility;
- Analyses and ensures the implementation of potential mechanical improvements (including cost saving and energy saving) on area production machineries in cooperation with other departments (Production, Quality, Purchasing);
- Transfer knowledge to all Mechanics (Craftsmen) in order to ensure best maintenance practice for mechanic /hydraulic /pneumatic systems;
- Interacts with suppliers to implement required mechanic/hydraulic/pneumatic equipment upgrades;
- Ensures the implementation of the local Maintenance strategy (including CBS implementation support, maintenance processes improvements including SAP PM / PUMA, interfaces with other departments, condition monitoring tools implementation);
- Maintains an updated mechanical documentation in the area (AutoCAD plans, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic drawings);
- Makes proposals of new ideas and improvements, discusses these with colleagues and gets involved actively in analyzing and implementing them;
- Makes proposals for alternative solutions for problems he is confronted with, out of the box, new, challenging solutions, discusses these with the team and gets involved in the implementation.
- University degree in mechanical engineering 2 years on a similar position in manufacturing industry;
- Knowledge in using CAD systems;
- Has participated in machine improvement, refurbishment, upgrade or installation projects;
- Has had regular international contacts through projects, colleagues or suppliers.
What we offer:
- 13th salary;
- Performance bonus;
- Christmas & Easter bonus;
- Seniority bonus;
- Flexible working time;
- Home office;
- Competitive salaries & benefits;
- Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport; activities, Canteen, 24/7 Helpline with Psychologists etc.);
- Different discounts (tires, glasses, medical, shopping, etc.)
- Relocation bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Professional development opportunities (in Technical and Leadership Areas);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.