Streaming Data Engineer
In the Budapest Artificial Intelligence Development Centre of Continental, Autonomous Mobility, we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering world-class perception and fusion systems.
Our teams develop software solutions for automated parking and safety systems, processing various automotive sensor data and providing a robust, scalable output to driving function modules.
As Streaming Data DevOps Engineer (m/f/diverse) at Continuous Integration Platform you will be part of an international agile team responsible for the design, implementation and operation of services and solutions which support the analysis of the big data streaming platform and data pipeline.
- Design, implementation and verification of data analysis solutions with micro services and data pipelines in a cloud infrastructure
- Design and support of service operation
- Stakeholder requirements analysis and work package planning
- Exploration and evaluation of innovative approaches.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, mathematics or comparable areas
- Proficiency in Python, Java including Groovy and spring boot
- Experience in REST API and data serialization approaches (e.g. Protobuf)
- Experience in DevOps, CI/GitOps, service deployment, Kubernetes, monitoring solutions
- Proficiency in data streaming (Apache Kafka & KStream)
- Experience with data pipeline orchestration (Airflow/Dagster/Prefect), Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch/Kibana)
- Good understanding of embedded software development
- Expertise in data analysis and machine-learning methods
- Good command of English language.
Nice to have
- Experience working in international agile teams, ideally in SAFe.
- Participation in exciting, highly innovative projects
- A friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility
- Opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our test vehicles
- Competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
- Bonus system
- Annual flexible benefit (Cafeteria)
- Private health insurance
- Employee discounts
- Sport pass support
- Ability to directly deliver software into real, innovative products
- Flexible work-from-home arrangements
- Easily accessible office location in downtown Budapest (near Kálvin square).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.