Maintenance Technician I
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
To maintain and repair mechanical tool machinery, electronic equipment and electrical systems and to perform other preventative maintenance and repair services on a regular basis throughout the company. To perform assigned tasks and functions in accordance with organizational instructions, established safety procedures and ISO standards.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Uses testing equipment to diagnose mechanical tool and electronic problems/malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Identifies and troubleshoots electrical, HVAC and other failures/malfunctions in building systems, etc.
- Demonstrated competent use of applicable tools for the following tasks as required:
- Performs mechanical tool installation and repair work including replacing/rebuilding: Hydraulic components, Pneumatic components, O-rings, Shafts, Belts, Gearing, performs electronic/electrical installation and repair work including – I/O , Electrical motor servo-drive feedback, HVAC and building wiring systems, Electrical component retro-fitting Utilization of exterior resources: Evaluates the need for outside assistance and recommends appropriate action to supervisor, Coordinates with supervisor and purchasing agent to requisition required parts and supplies for repair work, Assists Management and Purchasing in coordinating outside services and in directing/monitoring contract work.
- Preventative Maintenance support and participation: Assists in the development and implementation of an effective plant-wide preventative maintenance program, performs preventative maintenance services consistent with established program and schedule to plant machinery and equipment. This typically includes adding/changing coolants, lubricants and filters, greasing, cleaning exteriors, tightening and adjusting machine components, etc.
- Fabricates guards, shields, tables, stands, and other devices, as apparent or assigned, to improve the safety and/or operational features of machines.
- Performs general maintenance and repair work, as assigned, including painting, plumbing, carpentry, mounting benches, installing ballasts and replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Performs facility maintenance projects as apparent or assigned.
- Housekeeping: Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices. Maintains oils, chemicals and other storeroom items in a safe and orderly manner. Keeps supervisor informed of inventory levels and ensures that all chemicals are properly identified and stored.
- Documentation: Maintains records/reports as required. Keeps supervisor informed of job-related problems and other information related to work activity. Complies with company, department and section policies and procedures as applicable.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the department.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of technical training with course work in mechanical maintenance, electronics and electrical repair.
- At least 3 years of related industrial maintenance and repair experience.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment designs and specifications.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Ability to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems or potential problems.
- Displays a positive attitude and strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of company personnel, outside contractors and others.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Successfully completed all company training as required.
- G.E.D. or H.S. Diploma
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
PHYSICAL / WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS:
- Frequent sitting ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent reaching/bending/stooping/crouching ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent lifting of weights ranging from 0 - 50 pounds .25 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent climbing/standing/walking from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent pushing/ pulling ranging from .25 to 8 hours per day
- Frequent fingering/grasping/feeling ranging from .25 to 5.5 hours per day
- Continuous repetitive motion such as typing/visual acuity to view a computer terminal from 5.5 hours per day
- Continuous determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures from 5.5 hours per day
- Continuous visual inspection of small parts and machinery, operate machinery, determine the accuracy from, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures 5.5 hours per day.
- Continuous exposure to inside and outside weather conditions, noise, vibration, hazards such as proximity to moving parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in high places, narrow aisles and passageways from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day.
- Will never be required to lift anything over 50 pounds without assistance
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.