Senior Network Specialist
- Coordination of designated Global Network activities worldwide.
- Technical design, consulting and 3rd level support for Continental automotive global Secure Connectivity Solutions: LAN, WLAN, Network Security
- Implementation of Secure Connectivity Solutions for Automotive Locations in APAC.(Approx.40 Locations)
- Active participation in definition of IT standards for the network environment in line with CyberSecurity and business requirements.
- Trend analysis, develop and recommend measures in order to improve the network and network security structure by considering functionality and costs.
- Responsibility for security scans and activity definition to prevent security issues on network components in compliance with CyberSecurity Policy.
- Evaluation and sourcing of global/regional external service partners and vendors.
- Governance of IT network workstreams for Greenfield and location extension project in APAC.
- Design, Implementation and Operation for Secure Connectivity Orchestration- , Automation- and Analytics-Environment.
- Project work in Global Teams.
- Support in Security and Business Audits.
- Drive Escalation and Problem Management processes with internal IT team and external service providers.
- Support Application and Service Owner with complex performance problems related to the Secure Connectivity Solution: analysis, setup different scenarios, document performance measurements, troubleshooting, testing.
- Communication and coordination of activities with contracted external suppliers / hardware vendors and internal departments for services-related topics(Design, Demand Mgmt, Implementation, Incidents, Changes)
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification
- Expert knowledge in the networking area: Network topologies, TCP/IP protocols, Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Knowledge of Next Generation Firewall Solutions
- Knowledge of Cisco network and network security solution: e.g. ISE
- Expert Knowledge in the LAN/WLAN area
- Knowledge in the area of network automation & monitoring
- Knowledge of IT Service Management
- DevOps skills is a plus
- Fluent English
- Very good communication skills
- Experience in working as part of a global acting and multicultural team, with international supplier/vendors
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.