Indirect Purchasing Regional Category Buyer APAC - HR Services
Management of HR services category within Group Purchasing's Regional Indirect Materials organization providing Continental with expertise and best practices in the fields of Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Market Analysis, Category and Supply Base management, and others related.
The main objective is to establish the best commercial conditions through establishing optimum conditions on a supplier base that is best in class, pooling volumes based on Purchasing strategies, in order to maximize the contribution to the operating profit of the Corporation in the region across all divisions and facilities.
1. Strategic Sourcing: Initiate, design, and drive demand pooling across the divisions and legal entities to ensure optimum use of purchasing power and to maximize the contribution to the operating profit and service quality.
2. Category management: Assist in the definition and initiation of innovative category management and sourcing strategies, develop cross-divisional procurement processes, and implement optimum sourcing strategies with qualified suppliers to lay the foundation for procurement success in the medium term and to achieve a maximum contribution to the operating result.
3. Negotiations: Define and implement innovative negotiation concepts and strategies, and carry out cost and contract negotiations leading to an agreement being signed to guarantee uninterrupted supply at optimum conditions.
4. Supporting Global/local category managers: Act as the Ambassador for Indirect Purchasing in supporting the regional HR managers in their process of establishing optimum conditions for their respective host facility. They act as the window interface between that facility and the Procurement community.
5. Contract Management: Ensuring contracts are based on Continental regional or global standards and implemented.
- Contract and price negotiations as well as contract & price confirmation and signing.
- Ensuring the availability of all warehousing-related contracts in Continental specific systems such as Prodogy or other warehouse databases.
- Management of contract databases to early establish following up processes and RFQs to ensure smooth running operations and processes.
6. Processes & Guidelines: Establish sustainable sourcing processes and procedures among all Continental Business Area
- Aligning sourcing processes with all Continental divisions and ensuring the implementation of those.
- Ensuring the usage of Continental policies and guidelines and supporting local HR and purchasing teams to implement them.
7. Strategy: Jointly define sourcing strategies with all internal business partners such as HR central functions, local HR, and purchasing teams and ensure the implementation.
HR services management skills and market know-how.
Communication and presentation skills
Strategic sourcing and negotiation skills.
Project management skills, tools, and techniques.
Knowledge of contract laws and local laws.
English knowledge in word and writing
Computer Skills (knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems, e-sourcing, PowerBI, Office365, etc)
Required Experiences: (Minimum)
Degree in Economics, Business Administration and/or long-term professional (Purchasing) experience
3-5 years of experience in various roles within Purchasing Services and cross-functional experience in/with neighboring functional areas including leadership experience, direct or functional.
Cross-regional negotiations & project management.
Functional management/lead of sourcing teams.
International teamwork experiences and intercultural awareness. Intermediate chinese language skills, expert in English language. German and other Asian language are a plus.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.