System Requirement Engineer
The Architecture and Networking (AN) business area has a large product portfolio and ensures the comfort, security and safety of passengers in the car. The most important products we develop are the Body network controllers (BNCs), high performance computers (HPCs), key & keyless access systems, tire pressure monitoring systems with wheel units, control units for doors, trunk, seats, mirrors, headlamps, sunroofs and other comfort devices in the car.
System engineering combines elements of different disciplines such as Software, Hardware, Testing and Mechanical design engineering at different levels.
It involves understanding how systems fit into larger context, how they interact with other components, how they behave, how to manage them, and based on that defining system specifications.
IN YOUR DAY TO DAY JOB, YOU WILL DO:
- Customer requirements analysis and elicitation;
- Creation and maintenance of system requirements based on customer requirements and standards.
- Perform functional decomposition of body controller functions;
- Clarification of system and subsystem component specifications for the BNCs;
- Support for project management in technical solution evaluations and estimations;
- Being the link between customer and product development team in technical topics.
- Technical university degree in a relevant field (e.g. Telecommunication, Electronics, Computer Science, etc.);
- Previous hands-on experience with Embedded HW and/or SW development and/or system testing;
- Breaking down high-level products into systems and sub-systems, defining Interfaces and system architecture;
- Ability to apply abstract approach;
- Proactive communication on existing problems or errors with focus on customer;
- Very good writing, reading and speaking English skills
WOULD BE A PLUS
- General automotive knowledge and knowledge of communication protocols in automotive (CAN, LIN…)
- Experience with requirement engineering and relevant tools;
- Knowledge of car architecture.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic team in a globally active organization.
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours and mobile work.
- Private health Insurance.
- Fitpass premium.
- Service award.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.