Manufacturing Engineer -- Factory Automation/Control and Drives
Our Norfolk, NE location is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support our factory automation to join our team to support our Fluids unit. Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Prepare electrical controls in the plant to connect to the manufacturing service bus(MSB) and corporate software.(Continental designed and only used by Continental) to collect real-time process information.
- Prepare engineering server and update machine database to save production results and parameters
- Build production reports & dashboards according to Continental standards for production management.
- Prepare recipe management database to keep process parameters safe and up to date to Continental standards
- Support engineering team to update old controls ensuring full software compatibility with Continental data collection systems
- Support the facility in Siemens PLC programing or Allen Bradley programming
- Monitors the performance of the process and the ramp up of new product by indicators such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness(OEE) and scrap, to achieve the key performance indicators(KPI's) for the plant
- Plan new lines, proposing layouts, failure mode effect analysis(FMEA's) and flow charts to achieve customer requirements and push the plant closer to Industry 4.0 through increased automation.
Required / Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in in Industrial/Factory Automation technologies including PLC's HMI's, Motion & Vision applications.
- Visa Sponsorship for Continental employees only
- 2 years of Siemens controller experience
- 2 years of Manufacturing Service Bus experience
- 2 years of rubber manufacturing experience
- 2 years experience in programming Manufacturing Execution Systems
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.