Field Service Engineer
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to cover the Scotland area. The role will include visiting customer premises to undertake diagnosis and repair, installation and calibration of garage equipment to ensure customer compliance and satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will come from a similar automotive background.
The nature of the role necessitates travel including some overnight stays and some weekends. Although weekends will be upon rare occasions.
- Coordinate workload to ensure effective time management and efficient route planning. Where possible decrease travel time and increase productive time by planning work in geographic clusters.
- Deliver upon the terms of service agreements to ensure that customer equipment is calibrated in line with legislative requirements.
- Ensure all certificates are downloaded to the correct file location on a weekly basis.
- Carry out site surveys prior to installation, then full installation and customer training, sign off completion form with the customer and download to server.
- In the case of unplanned maintenance, respond quickly, change plans and communicate changes to all stakeholders.
- Ensure all breakdown reports are downloaded to the correct file location on a weekly basis. Build solid customer relationships to support increased customer satisfaction.
- Focus on quality of service & first time fix, feedback any requirements to improve products or services.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology and products, highlight training requirements to line manager.
- Offer ideas for training that would benefit you and your peers equipping you with the skills and experience needed to achieve high levels of performance.
- A Level / BTEC qualified or the equivalent working experience.
- Previous experience in a field service engineer role or product support position, with proven problem solving and customer service skills.
- Garage Equipment experience desired.
- Experience of project management.
- Must come from a similar background with Mechanical experience.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- 33 Days holiday
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off
- Discount on gym membership for you and our partner
- Free Thrive app access
- Workwear provided
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Purchase more holiday days
- Van, tablet, phone and a fuel card
- Overtime available
- Expenses given when overnight stays or anti social hours are required.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.