Application of IE-methods to improve efficiency and optimize cost in the production area of responsibility. Support the production area to realize the production budget and minimize non-value-added operations by defining the required technical and human means considering quality, cost, quantity, timing targets and ergonomic aspects.
• Ensure the efficient usage of production equipment and manning in the production area of responsibility.
• Carry out time studies, maintain std. time data, analyze losses data / OEE/ TEEP.
• Implement std. times with production and employee rep or union and ensure data quality for IE systems.
• Analyze available machine capacity
• Calculate required production manning based on production volume targets
• Collect and prepare data for capacity debottlenecking, strategic projects
• Define machine layout for production area and micro workplace layout to ensure high efficiency and ergonomic for operation
• Define layout of material storage areas in production to facilitate efficient material handling and ensure FEFO principle.
• Carry out material flow and work process analysis, lead time analysis and job evaluation studies.
• Develop future capacity, layout, and material flow concepts for the production area.
• Carry out benchmarking studies comparing process key figures with other plants and Identify possibilities for process improvement based on the analyzed data in cooperation with production and engineering.
• Calculate potential savings of identified measures in the production area, carry out feasibility studies of improvement measures.
• Conduct value stream exercises to identify areas requiring improvements
• Facilitate improvement and growth projects and workshops to improve the standards (e.g. workplace design, design of work organization, processes, layout, material flow design)
• Define machine and process parameters to create requirement catalogues together with production and engineering.
• Plan and implement the projects agreed with the IE-manager and the business team of the area
• Present project status and results during business team, multilevel meetings, or similar forums.
• Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
• Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
• Conduct improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
• Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes, and standards.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
• Documentation and organization skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD
Accept the responsibility and striving for excellence in all work processes and outcomes, honouring organization policies and all regulatory requirements
Understanding and adherence to environmental, safety and health policy, procedures and regulations issued by ESH Department and also to take care of own safety as well as working colleagues within the plant premises.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops intelligent technologies for transporting people and their goods. As a reliable partner, the international automotive supplier, tire manufacturer, and industrial partner provides sustainable, safe, comfortable, individual, and affordable solutions. In 2015, the corporation generated sales of €39.2 billion with its five divisions, Chassis & Safety, Interior, Powertrain, Tires, and ContiTech. Continental currently employs approximately 215,000 people in 55 countries.
We want you at our facility in Alor Setar.