ADAS Vehicle Lab Technician – Autonomous Semi-Truck
The ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) Vehicle Lab Technician is responsible for the installation of ADAS sensors and data acquisition systems on test vehicles including commercial semi-trucks and passenger cars. Additionally, this person will keep our vehicle lab organized and compliant in alignment with industry best practices. This exciting research and development role works with our engineering team to bring autonomous driving systems to market. Will share work time between our Grand Blanc facility and our Auburn Hills facility.
- Develop vehicle instrumentation system architecture wiring plans
- Develop power distribution plans
- Develop detailed vehicle instrumentation wiring schematics
- Develop sensor mounting brackets
- Build / install wire harnesses per schematics
- Install ADAS sensors
- Install data acquisition systems
- Install power and data distribution equipment
- Conduct wiring prove out
- Assist test engineers with debugging vehicle wiring issues if necessary
- Perform general maintenance on test vehicles
- Maintain inventory of test equipment and assets
- Maintain lab ESH compliance
- Support test engineers with demonstrations and test activities
- HS diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience installing automotive electronic / electromechanical products
- Vehicle electrical wiring skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, technical specifications, and blueprints
- Ability to create and maintain wiring diagrams
- Mechanical bracket design and fabrication skills
- Methodical problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little supervision
- Must be flexible and able to handle ambiguity and changing priorities
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to obtain CDL to drive development semi-trucks
- Willing and able to travel to support test and demonstration activities
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
Visa sponsorship is not available for this opening
Relocation is not available for this opening.
- Associates of Applied Science degree
- 7+ years of experience installing automotive electronic / electromechanical products
- Knowledge of vehicle electronics, including vehicle communication systems such as CAN
- Commercial vehicle experience such as CDL / experience driving tractor-trailers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.