Software Engineer - Technical Project Lead
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking Software Engineer-Technical Project Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking an experienced Technical Project Lead to join our Continental Engineering Services (CES) team. In CES we are able to work on a wide variety of electronics projects. So, the ideal candidate has experience in designing and implementing embedded software for in-vehicle automotive electronics.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the project team.
- Participate in technical discussions (prepare / present responses) with customers.
- Assist new project acquisition activities by creating the software concept and effort estimations.
- Responsible for the software architecture, design, and implementation of embedded software modules for products developed by CES.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate software/system development content and timing for embedded automotive control modules.
- Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans.
- Be the contact between two or more departments to facilitate and ensure appropriate exchange of knowledge Responsible for the development of new products and changes to existing products
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in embedded development
- 5 years of experience with C or C++ programming
- Experience with various communication protocols like CAN, LIN, I2C, SPI and UART
- Basic understanding of electrical schematics
- Experience using measurement devices like multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 10%) supporting internal and customer development trips.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 7 years of professional experience in embedded development and C or C++ programming
- Experience in Linux kernel and/or device driver development
- Experience in porting Linux to new CPU architectures
- Experience with bash scripting or equivalent
- Knowledge of real time operating systems
- Experience with Automotive Electronic/Electromechanical Products
- Experience in Telematics
- Knowledge of network protocols and cellular wireless technologies
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services