QMP (Quality Manager in Project)
QMP (Quality Manager in Project)
As a QMP, you need to assure quality of work products and quality of process activities in the project.
Main responsibilities of a QMP are to objectively report a status of a project or a release, provide this status to the stakeholders (including management or release authority), and to help project team to resolve open items.
Experience: 4 to 6 years
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Elicit quality related requirements and plan quality assurance activities for development project
- Approval of process tailoring
- Definition and planning of measures in the project in close cooperation with the project leader and project team
- Evaluation and reporting of the quality status of a project using process compliance check and release audits
- Participate in project meetings regularly to discuss about quality status and track progress on measures
- Initiation & tracking of corrective actions for product and process non-conformities and escalation if applicable
- Support and coaching of project team in quality and process related items
- Identification of process improvements based on the project work
- Giving feedback based on the experiences in the project to improve the development process
- Support of internal and external audits (e.g. Automotive SPICE©, IATF16949, …)
- Support in process improvement activities (definition and rollout)
- Train project teams on quality topics.
- Training and mentoring of new Quality engineers.
- Department level reporting of requested status.
Knowledge & Skills and Experience:
In depth knowledge of:
- process-models, e.g. ASPICE, CMMI, IATF 16949
- product development methods
- review methods
- project management
- Functional safety ISO 26262 (preferable)
- Quality management including methods and techniques
- SW Development (preferable)
- coaching and training of processes, procedures, and methods
- assessing and auditing
- Motivation, initiative, assertiveness, ability to work in a team
- Excellent presentation and very good communication skills
- Experienced in working with virtual / multi location teams
- Certified ASPICE Provisional Assessor (preferable)
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.