Material Handler (Pay Range: $13.65 - 15.75)
Reports to: Plant 1 Production Manager
PURPOSE: The SFC employee participates in any improvement that is necessary to achieve customer satisfaction. Total commitment to SFC’s Quality Management System is a part of every employee’s responsibility in order to achieve and exceed SFC’s Quality Objectives. This position keeps the flow going by supplying the looms, or area with material; and moving material as needed with various lifting devices.
- Communicate with off-going shift.
- Receive instructions from Supervisor.
- Transport 1st twist yarn to appropriate area for 2nd twist.
- Transport respooled yarn to storage area.
- Make sure Twister Tenders have enough empty bobbins available.
- Material Handler has to move yarn to the correct zones that are on the green sheets instructing him where to take the yarn.
- Assist in department housekeeping.
- Clean box wheels as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
TYPICAL TOOLS, INSTRUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT:
Hand or Power: Hand Tools, Electric hoists, Electric drill, Power wrenches, mPaint spray cans, etc., Lift truck
Standing- 20%, Climbing 80%, Crawling- 75%, Sitting- 80%, Moving Material- 100%, Hearing Speaking- Able to hear and speak with supervision, section leaders and co-workers to perform job properly., Reaching- 80% , Visual Acuity- Color Vision required with normal vision to perform job properly., Bending Stooping- 80% of time
Training required: Lift Truck Operator License, ISO overview, Safety overview, Yearly job evaluation
- Minimum of 6 months of continuous manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Meets eligibility requirements.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to work with/around chemicals.
- Computer literate, knowledge of SAP, lotus notes and Microsoft Access 97 preferred.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible to work various shifts.
- Must be able to lift minimum 25lbs daily.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Experience desired.
- Understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to do basic math and read
- Lift, move and position materials, use tools, equipment, etc. quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Operate lift trucks and other material moving equipment.
- Must maintain possession of a valid lift truck operator license.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking a Material Handler to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.
当您点击“继续前往SmartRecruiters ”后，您即将访问Continental AG的招聘平台，该平台由位于德国的SmartRecruiters GmBH运营。对于您在平台中提交的所有个人数据，Continental AG是数据控制方。您在该平台内提交的申请，将视为您同意下述内容
- 同意Continental AG的隐私声明（链接
- 同意Continental AG在中国境外处理您的个人信息
- 同意Continental AG与其位于中国境内/境外的子公司或关联公司分享您的个人信息
继续前往 SmartRecruiters繼續前往 SmartRecruiters