Yarn Prep Operator (RITM) (2nd & 3rd shift, Pay Range $15.75-18.50)
Under direction of the Team Leader, assists production department by performing various roles to ensure production goals are met to quality and quantity standards. Adheres to 6S standards.
- Start machines, monitor operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Replace depleted supply packages with full packages.
- Tend machines that twist together two or more strands of yarn or insert additional twist into single strands of yarn to increase strength, smoothness, and/or uniformity of yarn.
- Place bobbins on spindles and insert spindles into bobbin-winding machines.
- Stop machines when specified amount of products has been produced.
- Observe bobbins as they are winding; and cut threads to remove loaded bobbins, using knives.
- Inspect products to verify that they meet specifications and to determine whether machine adjustment is needed.
- Adjust machine settings such as speed or tension to produce products that meet specifications.
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Notify supervisors of equipment malfunctions.
- Manage quality inspections.
- Observe all safety procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
STANDING- Stand on hardwood and /or concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours with two 10-minute breaks and one 20-minute lunch.
MOVING (self)- Walk 500 ft. approx. 100 times/shift.
MOVING (materials)- Lift creel packages weighing up to 30lbs. approx. 480 times/shift. Lift and carry doffed packages weighing up to 22 lbs approx. 2ft. Lift empty tubes weighing ¼ lb. 480 times/shift approx. 20 ft. Exert sufficient push/pull force to move wheeled boxes to racks weighing 150 to 500 lbs. approx. 30 times/shift.
HEARING/SPEAKING- Able to hear and speak with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers to perform job properly.
REACHING- Ability to reach overhead approx. 3 ft to doff, start up packages & for end break repair.
BENDING/STOOPING- Bend or stoop to perform job duties as needed.
VISUAL ACUITY- Color vision required with normal vision to distinguish yarn tints, proper codes, and quality defects. Must have good perception of quality.
- Minimum of 6 months of continuous manufacturing or warehouse experience
- Meets eligibility requirements.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be able to work with/around chemicals.
- Computer literate, knowledge of SAP, lotus notes and Microsoft Access 97 preferred.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible to work various shifts.
- Must be able to lift minimum 25lbs daily.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Experience desired.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- $500 sign on bonus (new employees, after 90 days of acceptable attendance)
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking a Yarn Prep (RITM) Operator to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.
当您点击“继续前往SmartRecruiters ”后，您即将访问Continental AG的招聘平台，该平台由位于德国的SmartRecruiters GmBH运营。对于您在平台中提交的所有个人数据，Continental AG是数据控制方。您在该平台内提交的申请，将视为您同意下述内容
- 同意Continental AG的隐私声明（链接
- 同意Continental AG在中国境外处理您的个人信息
- 同意Continental AG与其位于中国境内/境外的子公司或关联公司分享您的个人信息
继续前往 SmartRecruiters繼續前往 SmartRecruiters