Autonomous Mobility Team Leader - Innovation Line Driverless
The Innovation Line Driverless (ILD) organization is the operative R&D unit of the Business Area Autonomous Mobility (AM) ensuring a future-ready pipeline of innovative products and systems. The ILD Engineering Supervisor in Mexico is responsible to steer and support the local ILD Development Team.
• Lead mixed team of highly trained and newly graduated engineers in Queretaro.
• Control operative R&D towards timely releases of target systems, algorithms and concepts.
• Ensure proper staffing following the hiring plan for the department supported by the location head.
• Align strategic development targets for Mexico in the context of the worldwide ILD team footprint and translate them into annual goals for the team members
• Goal tracking and reporting to the Head of ILD regarding development progress, quality, and continuous improvement.
• Mentoring and training of the team in a dynamic ADAS software development environment
• Create a team spirit and purpose for ILD Mexico in the context of the ILD targets.
• Continuously monitor development progress and maintain resource capacity planning.
• Establish personal and employee training plans, schedule training and track result
• Maintain a highly skilled and motivated work force and a state of the art engineering environment.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Knowledge of systems or software development in the automotive industry.
- A minimum of two (2) years of team leadership experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in systems or software development.
- Excellent customer interaction and team building skills
- MS in Computer Science, MS in Computer Engineering, MS in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the space of R&D in innovative vehicle functionalities in a challenging and dynamic environment like AD, ADAS and driverless solutions
- 5 (5) years of team leadership experience.
- Must be willing to travel internationally, specifically to USA and Europe
- Approximately 5-10% of time may be spent in other locations
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services