Quality Inspector / Failure Analysis - 2nd Shift (Site 2)
Inspect the quality of parts at various stages of assembly to ensure they meet customer specifications. Analyze failures to determine whether it is machine or product related. Complete required record keeping and communicate results per quality procedures.
1. Pull first piece to inspect and measure using visual checks and gauges for every start of shift and at product changeover.
2 . Evaluate NOK parts to determine appropriate disposition.
3. Initiate JIDOKA event and escalation process as required.
4. Enter inspection results in to WINSPC and record lot numbers per standard operating procedure.
5. Inform operators of critical vision inspections required by QA and post on the line.
6. Apply 5S principles to increase efficiency and effectiveness in assigned work area.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Intermediate computer skills (WINSPC);
- Ability to perform work in cooperation with multiple team members;
- Ability to use specific quality instruments;
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment where heavy lifting is required
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English.
- Heavy lifting required. 35lbs on a repetitive basis and up 50lbs on an occasional basis.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we're changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart and sustainable. Our Morganton, NC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.