Quality Assurance Inspector - Building 10 - Shift 2
- Perform inbound and internal inspection and test of materials including visual or with various hardware, fixtures and gauges, based on Inspection Instruction/Plan, criteria established in specific failure catalogue (including appearance, surface defects, debris, shards and similar) or under orientation of a Lead, Quality Engineer or Manager.
- Checking parts / process at beginning of shift, in-process and end of shift to assure adherence/conformity based on the Quality Plan (Inspection Instructions, Work Instructions, SOPs, etc.). Conducts in-process sampling and physical testing of product with required paperwork. Prepare and provide inspection reports for measurements performed as needed.
- Give disposition and control of non-conforming material. Escalate as necessary and support Production in containment(s) as need.
- Maintain organized/detailed records, benches and instruments during the activities being performed and support the activity of keeping work or inspection instructions updated as needed.
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement within the organization based on customer issues and or high scrap rates to include notification to appropriate personnel and verification that issues are resolved effectively. Able to work proactively and recommend solutions to identified areas.
- Support Customer, Internal, and External IATF 16949 audit program(s) as required.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1-year quality inspection experience (or related) preferred. Audit experience is preferred.
- Technical Skills: Computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP experience preferred. Basic math skills required. Knowledge of tools including Vernier calipers, go/no gauges, templates, etc. Working knowledge of hand held measuring equipment.
- Other Skills / Abilities: Must be able to work in a demanding customer focused environment and prioritize responsibilities to meet customer and organizational requirements. Strong oral and written English communication skills are required. Ability to deal with all levels of the organization effectively, must be able to work independently and be able to prioritize. Forward thinker with ability to deal with situations of an urgent nature. Safety 1st; Quality Always mindset.
- Relocation benefits would not be offered for this job opening.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Immediate Benefits
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Somersworth, NH location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Quality Inspector to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?