Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mount Vernon, IL location is seeking Hourly Production Team Members. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Must be able to effectively:
The maintenance electrical technician is responsible for systematic troubleshooting, efficient, accurate diagnosis of the root cause and sustainable quality repairs to production equipment. They will track their work via SAP-PM software and give accurate, detailed feedback about the fault & repair to enable structured analysis of the data recorded and elimination of a recurrence.
1. Troubleshoot and make quality repairs to AC and DC electrical control systems (PLC, IPC, Hardwire and field devices)
2. Troubleshoot and make quality repairs to AC and DC, motors, drives, servo systems in the plant.
3. Diagnose problems using the following tools: Digital multimeter, schematics, PLC/Drive logic SW diagnostic tools, and other specialty software as needed.
4. Replace defective control system components, recommission and verify correct operations according to the process.
5.Use an iPad to accurately track working time and details about the repair in SAP/PUMA.
6. Communicate with maintenance, engineering and production personnel in a positive and professional manner.
7. Follow LOTO procedures and wear proper PPE to maintain a safe working environment.
8. Execute small mechanical repairs
9. Troubleshoot and repair/replace computer/IPC hardware including backing up of SW according to procedures.
10. Maintain power transformers. (4160, 460, 460/110) and lighting transformers. (4160/277)
11. Assist the Area Engineer in keeping the maintenance of web pages up to date by identifying obsolete information, adding new instructions, drawings and manuals.
12. Be compliant with all plant, corporate, Continental, safety, Illinois and government codes, standards and policies.
13. Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Department Manager.
14. Assist maintenance supervisor in daily duties.
15. Be available for vacancy coverage and overtime as required from time to time.
16. Maintain a clean, organized and professional workspace (Toolbox and equipment where work is executed)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
Associates Degree or successful passing of placement test with 3+ years of experience or
completion of Rockwell program.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
2 years as a technician in tire manufacturing or equivalent experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.
当您点击“继续前往SmartRecruiters ”后，您即将访问Continental AG的招聘平台，该平台由位于德国的SmartRecruiters GmBH运营。对于您在平台中提交的所有个人数据，Continental AG是数据控制方。您在该平台内提交的申请，将视为您同意下述内容
- 同意Continental AG的隐私声明（链接
- 同意Continental AG在中国境外处理您的个人信息
- 同意Continental AG与其位于中国境内/境外的子公司或关联公司分享您的个人信息
继续前往 SmartRecruiters繼續前往 SmartRecruiters