TIre Building Setup Technician
The Tire Building Setup Technicians primary role is to change the tooling and ensure the tire is setup correctly at each article change on each Milexx. The secondary role is to handle small maintenance items and troubleshoot other problems. Tooling changes (drums, KUK’s, shoes) may have to be performed if one of them become damaged or defective or for certain article changes. Technicians will also have to be able to troubleshoot for quality related issues that can be caused by the Milexx. The Tire Building Setup Tech will also be required to change and adjust tooling on all cold preparation machines.
The Setup Tech must be able to operate high investment Commercial Radial Truck Tire building equipment for the assembly and placement of all components necessary for the construction of "green" Commercial Radial Truck Tires.
The Setup Tech must be able to read specs, know all tire components used in the assembly, and effectively communicate with tire builders and supervision.
The Setup Tech must be able to set up and adjust all Milexx truck tire assembly machines to specifications for quality and production.
• Must be a certified tire builder able to perform all tasks outlined in the "Tire Building Operator Milexx IV" job description.
• Utilize electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic knowledge to set-up, detect, adjust and correct truck tire building equipment.
• Supervise and audit building of first truck tires after set-up changes or adjustments to ensure set-up is to specification and approved for production.
• Make surveillance of assigned machines to maintain productive efficiency and utilize skills to reduce downtime on equipment.
• Troubleshoot and make adjustments to machines.
• Maintain accurate daily records on each machine so that a history of all breakdowns, changes, adjustments and other pertinent information is documented for reference.
• Effectively communicate with Shift Supervisor, other set-up technicians, maintenance, and operators when any malfunction or breakdown occurs.
• Perform routine scheduled MTC checks and corrections.
• Perform work as directed by Shift Maintenance Supervision and/or Department Manager related to machine efficiency and high-quality production.
• Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Communicate with other inbound and outbound operators, production operators, other crew members and supervision.
• Demonstrates the characteristics of 5S to keep work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies.
• Drives forklifts and operate other material handling equipment as needed and is responsible for the proper care and safe operation of the material handling equipment.
TBS Tech must be able to stand, walk, bend, squat, crawl, climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, twist, and work above head level in extreme heat for long periods of time. Minimum lifting 50lbs and frequently carrying of 25 lbs. Work in a high heat environment. Work frequent or as needed overtime. Work around moving machinery and the ability to use hand and power tools.
• Performs other duties as directed by the shift leaders or management team.
Work in CBS to support in areas where help is needed in order to develop the individual and team. Identify opportunities for improvement and uses soft skills to support. Makes yourself aware of the team interaction and performance. Need to work with the new Manufacturing Suite involving WPS/CGRS and TTKS. Ability to learn fast and to work well with the new Manufacturing Suite.
Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
Conduct improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM.
Actively participate in the CBT coaching reviews of level 1 teams and assist the level 1 teams in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
HS diploma /GED
Associates Degree or Internal Departmental Experience will be considered
1-3-year experience in manufacturing preferred
5-10 years of experience will be considered in place of associates degree.
Forklift driving experience preferred
Willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends.
Good Mechanical and Electrical aptitude
Ability to read blueprints and schematics
Ability to use hand tools and precision measuring devices
Ability to problem solve
Good communication skills, written and oral
Good computer skills including Microsoft Office
Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS location is seeking a Plant Capital Investment Buyer to join our Purchasing team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?