Advanced Purchaser/Project Purchaser for Software Purchasing - SCT (TM)
Passionate about software,smat cars but also interested in project management? Take a look at our Platform Project Purchasing role with the main focus on understaning software cost structures and software platform products.
As Advanced Purchaser for Platform projects you would be responsible for :
- Representing purchasing in the quote and project team from acquisition phase to project SOP and responsible for all material specific topics for Platform projects of our Vehicle Networking and Information Division with a high focus on software;
- Commercial evaluation of the material – BOM (Bill of Material) for all specific products from platform products with accent on understanding of cost drivers for software products;
- Material target achievement: tracking of actual BOM costs versus award BOM (PCIS), definition of countermeasures together with project team and escalation to management of supplier, Category and Segment Management;
- Supporting cost-optimization-concepts in quote and project team for securing commercial targets during development by using technology and supplier benchmark activities and seeking for innovative and competitive supplier ideas, developing and implementing potential software value analysis;
- Securing usage of right material components as well of suitable software solutions in BOM (Component Review Meetings) for best competitiveness and material supply;
- Securing sourcing process including milestone tracking, Audit relevant documentation and participation and escalation in project review meeting within the segment;
- Supporting actively cost reduction programs for platform products after SOP by introduction of new components/technologies(re-design to cost and cost& value analysis).
- Academic degree in business administration or engineering;
`- Technical understanding of specific components and automotive requirements;
`- Management skills, tools and techniques which ensures a strategic, profit and resulted oriented handling (Benchmarking, Presentation, etc.);
`- Human relations skills (team skills, conflict management, open-mindedness, networking);
`- Procurement Process and Product Life Cycle (PLC) knowledge;
`- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels of people;
`- Interest in negotiation skills and a proven track record in negotiation;
`- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken).
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc.)
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.