Senior Engineer Automation & IoT (m/f/diverse)
Strive towards achieving one standard machine interface with interoperability and scalability. Support of solving major breakdown and preventation of repeating these breakdown in other plants. Execution of improvement and efficinency increasement for the respective tire production machinery.
Your main tasks would be:
▪ Support of worldwide engineering projects
▪ Drive development of competitive future IT Interfaces solutions for our Tire manufacturing equipment towards digitalization
▪ Leading and managing key strategic development Projects for the Interfaces between machine controls and MES layer
▪ Drive architecture and design of software requirements through Test Driven Development for Process Controls on Edge Devices
▪ Develop new best cost suppliers for IT Interfaces with state of the art I4.0 capabilities
▪ Ensure the know how transfer and distribution between the tire plants and central units under the consideration of the lessons learned
▪ Coordination of Regional Specialists
▪ Develop and maintain a global community on IoT
- Electrical Engineering, Automation, Information Technology or similar
- Several years experience in tire production technology preferred and experience in project management
- Proven successful experience in designing and developing new control systems and interfaces to Manufacturing Execution Systems and Process Controls preferably on Edge devices
- Advanced knowledge on PLC programming and troubleshooting (preferably Beckhoff, Siemens)
- Knowledge on Linux Operating System, Docker and C# programming language
- Sound foundation of knowledge in automation technology and production machinery
- Excellent communication skills with ability to inspire others
- General understanding of the tire production process and related equipment
- Previous successful experience working in various different countries with different cultures
- Willing to travel up to 30%
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.