The Global Law Department of Continental brings together more than 140 lawyers located in 40 locations and 23 countries. It is structured in 8 Regions and 4 Global Expert Teams (Corporate, M&A, Export Control, OE Relations). The EMEA 3 Law Department is one of the 8 Regions and covers the following countries: UK, Benelux, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Africa and Middle East.
The EMEA3 Law Department has 11 lawyers: 1 lawyer at Grimsby (UK), 1 lawyer at Milano (Italy), 1 lawyer at Caluire (France), 3 lawyers at Compiègne (France), 3 lawyers at Toulouse (France) and 1 lawyer at Port Elizabeth (South Africa), 1 in Tel Aviv (Israel). Two Assistants are also part of the team, 1 Assistant in Toulouse (France) and 1 Assistant in Compiègne (France).
The Legal Counsel will be an employee of Continental Automotive France SAS (Toulouse, France) and will be in charge of the legal support to the following businesses:
- Continental Automotive Trading France SAS, a company headquartered at Rambouillet (France) carrying out business in the automotive after-market sector in France and in Maghreb,
- The aftermarket activities of Continental Automotive Spain, a company headquartered at Madrid (Spain)
- Non-Production Purchasing in France i.e the purchasing activities relating mainly to the 3 Continental legal entities located in France that are active in the Automotive business. It can also include some support to other Continental legal entities in France that are active in the Tire or ContiTech businesses,
- Production Purchasing for Automotive in France,
- Continental Engineering Services (“CES” that delivers engineering services and products in the automotive field) for its locations of Porto (Portugal) and Toulouse (France).
- Business law degree (“Master II/DJCE”) as well as a foreign additional education (e.g. LL.M.),
- 6+ years international working experience as a business lawyer in a multinational law firm and/or counsel in a multinational corporation and in team management
- Working experience in a global team,
- Persuasiveness, ability to negotiate and draft contracts and effectively communicate legal and non-legal advice in a timely manner,
- Fluent in French and English. German would be a plus,
- Enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations, self-dependent,
- High level of effective communication, self-reflection, result and customer orientation, team orientation
- Strategy understanding and support.
The Legal Counsel timely provides appropriate legal solutions to his/her internal customers with a constant view of creating value for the company. His/Her role is mainly a preventative role. As such She/He will have to get to know and understand the business, the internal procedures and decision-making processes and be involved at the earliest possible stage. Her/His objective will be to minimize the risks and maximize the opportunities for Continental and enable Continental to reach its goals always within the boundaries of the law.
The Legal Counsel will work in close cooperation with all the Organizational Units of Continental in the EMEA3 Region including lawyers who are members of Regional Law Departments or of a Global Expert Team.
The Legal Counsel will handle complex international and French business law matters. That includes inter alia
- Ensure a proper risks management in coordination with Business Areas and Support Functions,
- Draft, negotiate contracts (around 50% in English). A large part of those contracts revolves around distribution and marketing,
- Provide reliable and professional legal opinions and support,
- Manage Corporate housekeeping for Continental Automotive Trading France SAS,
- Coordinate with the other Regions and Global Expert Teams of the Global Law Department whenever needed,
- Coordinate with the local and Group Intellectual Property and Compliance Departments and with other local and Central Functions,
- Deliver business law trainings to Continental employees,
- Coordinate the work of outside counsels.
EXCLUSIONS: Tax (done by the Finance Department) and labor law (done by Labor Relations France or HR in countries other than France) topics are excluded.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Group has 191.000 talented and dedicated employees spread across 527 sites and 58 countries carrying out businesses mainly focused on mobility services/products. It achieved 34 billion € in sales in 2021. The Group has 3 Group Sectors: (i) Tires, (ii) ContiTech, (iii) Automotive. The Legal consel will be supporting the Automotive Group Sector that shapes the future of mobility through the delivery oh high tech services and products.