BestDrive Retail Operations Manager
The Retail Store Manager is responsible for running a BestDrive retail location. The Retail Store Manager will direct the day-to-day operations of the location, develop strategies to improve customer service, drive sales, increase profitability and grow the business. This individual is the main contact at the location and is responsible for store operational and people management requirements. The Retail Store Manager is responsible for working with their sales team to engage area fleets and tire users to promoting new tires, retreads and tire services. Essentially you will be running a small business with a solid company and brand behind you. You will supervise and direct your team; making operational and staffing decisions while ensuring top-tier service.
• Oversee daily store operations, supervise employees and manage inventory
• Managing all location staff functions in order to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining the financial integrity of the Company.
• Obtain annual/monthly sales and production objectives to ensure profitability.
• Responsible for protecting assets within your area of responsibility, including, but not limited to: inventory, accounts receivable, trucks, and equipment, with the ultimate goal of reducing operating costs.
• Recruit, train, develop and motivate your employees
• Learn and work through the existing business operating system for billing of above sales channels
• Maintain an acceptable profit margin
• Maintains staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
• Manage all safety, health and environmental processes by conducting safety huddles, leading by safety first, and reporting and sending all required paperwork for any injuries and accidents to management.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws
• Develop successful sales plans to grow profitability
• Solicit commercial truck tire accounts in the store location and surrounding areas
• Responsible for the sale of new truck tires, retreads and services
• Maintain current accounts with regular sales calls and follow up to accounts
• Assist in quarterly inventory while maintaining security of products and control measures.
• Must be available to work rotating shifts, potentially nights and occasional weekends.
• Must be 21 years or older
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver’s license in good standing
• 5+ years’ experience in the tire industry
• 2-5 years’ experience managing and leading people and/or projects
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Basic math skills
• Attention to detail
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• College Degree
• 7+ years’ experience in the tire industry
• 5+ years’ experience managing and leading people
• 3+ years in retail tire sales
• TIA Certification
• Retread tire knowledge
• Microsoft Office - Intermediate
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
• Work hours are generally 7am-5pm Monday – Friday. Saturday and evenings as needed; may have little to no advance notice.
• This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
• While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb, lift and walk.
• Required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (safety shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.). Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
• Required to lift 75-100 lbs. routinely; may be required to occasionally lift, up to 150 lbs. individually.
Why you should apply:
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
BestDrive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high-quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2012, we presently have 25 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country