Supply Chain Trainee
The Tire Division of Continental has 24 production and development locations worldwide. The Continental premium tire brand is clearly focused on class-leading safety and performance. Continuous investments in R&D and manufacturing make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
• The Supply Chain Development Program is a 9-month development program which exposes you to major areas of Supply Chain in our plants and markets in the Americas region, from Canada to Brazil
• The program will allow you to rotate between key functions of the dynamic tire industry. You will have the chance to apply your Business knowledge in multiple settings from market operations to manufacturing operations.
• Your home base will be at our North American Headquarters in Fort Mill, South Carolina. At the end of the program, you will be assigned to a full-time position in Fort Mill and will have differentiated career development
• You are the focus during the trainee program
• You will be involved into operational and strategic operations in the wide array of supply chain responsibilities carried by the organization for the region:
1. Sales Operations
2. Demand Planning
3. Inventory Management
4. Production Planning & Manufacturing
5. Demand and Supply Balancing
6. Transportation Planning
7. Warehouse Management
8. Network Modeling
• We expect you to take an active part of your development, be curious, ask questions, offer opportunities for improvement
• You will be assigned short-term projects related to supply chain process improvements and work with multiple country organizations, various cultures and processes, including abroad.
• A portion of the rotation involves a foreign stay in one of our markets in the region (Canada, Mexico, Ecuador, Brazil)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- Hybrid/Flexible work setting, expect ~50% in-office presence
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain completed by May 2024
- Ability to start full time in Summer 2024
- Ability to travel at times up to 25%
- Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
- No relocation package offered, however, the position is eligible for a sign on bonus
- Prior internships and/or school projects in supply chain management
- Experience with data analytics tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, SC is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Supply Chain Trainee join our Supply Chain group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.