Software Architect (4G/5G Mobile Communication) for Embedded Linux Platforms in SMY (TM)
The Smart Mobility Business Area has been able to establish itself as a market and technology leader by developing products that make commercial and special vehicles safer, cleaner, fuel-efficient and more connected.
The eLinux group is looking for a passionate and committed Software Architect to support us in the creation of the latest generation of connectivity platforms.
You will have the opportunity to:
- further develop your technical skills by defining the SW architecture for cellular connectivity (4G/5G) features in several high complexity telematics products;
- be a driver in all the major steps of the development of an embedded product: from initial planning to the finishing touches;
- use high abstraction OOP techniques in a Linux environment supported by state of the art development and continuous integration ecosystem (GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins);
- be part of a self-organizing team within a transparent and engaging Scaled Agile framework.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- identifying the minimum viable product that our customer needs from our organization;
- defining the best emerging SW architecture for the features assigned to you;
- implementing the software components you estimated according to the defined specifications;
- monitoring the maturity of the SW stack you are responsible and proposing improvements if necessary
- offering technical support and guidance to other team members, contributing to their technical development;
- contributing to quoting activities;
- actively participating in the Agile ceremonies in your team;
- raising any deviations and risks as you encounter them;
- be part of activities to continuously improve your team.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- Strong experience in defining architectures in C++ or any other object-oriented programming language;
- Advanced understanding of OOP / OOD concepts;
- The ability to represent architectures in an easy to understand manner;
- Linux experience is a plus;
- Experience with cellular technologies is a plus;
- Advanced English skills in writing, reading and speaking;
- Transparency, assertiveness, quality orientation, self-reflection, passion for technology;
- are committed, passionate and proud of our results;
- are constantly learning, always improving;
- pay attention to details;
- see that in every problem lies at least one solution;
- enjoy the time spent together on and off the job;
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.