We are looking for a Vehicle Technician to learn alongside our established team of talented Engineers and Technicians working in our modern facility in Lichfield. The successful candidate will carrying out various vehicle related tasks including the integration of electrification products (mechanical & electrical). Training will be provided for this role.
- Assembly of vehicle cooling & heating systems
- Assembly of powertrain systems / HV components
- Vehicle suspension set up / geometry alignment
- Vehicle commissioning & signoff in conjunction with the Engineering team
- Metal Fabrication / Welding
- Delivery of effective solutions and solving complex problems
- Identification and implementation of process improvements
- Providing input on project planning to include timing and resource estimation
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in Automotive or a similar subject
- Knowledge of mechanical procedures and mechanical machinery beneficial
- Basic vehicle electrical knowledge
- An awareness of safety legislation, procedures and quality systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately, with good attention to detail
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
- Industry knowledge relating to electric vehicles would be beneficial, but not essential
- HV awareness of electric vehicles would be beneficial
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
• Additional holiday buying and selling scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Income protection and Life Assurance
• Company Pension scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/ Adoption Leave
• Training Opportunities
• Modern working environment
• Flexible working practices
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.