Material Handler II BMD1 (6am - 6pm)
Responsible for physically receiving and transporting all materials into and out of defined locations in accordance with established process, quality, and safety guidelines.
- Physically receive and transfer materials to identified storage locations (production, warehouse, line side, etc.).
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks/trailers for intercompany and over the road transport.
- Responsible for the safe operation of Material Handling equipment (Powered Industrial Truck, pallet jacks, strappers, bailer, etc.) including mandatory shift safety checks, established operating guidelines, PPE, and all other required organization protocol.
- Communicate to Lead Material Handlers any equipment issues or other concerns including safety, inventory discrepancies, shortages, or damages.
- Assist with inventory maintenance activities including counting, physical inventories, cycle counts, shift by shift inventory sheets, and spot checks as needed. Consolidate stock and inventory as necessary.
- Responsible to remove plant refuse and recyclables in accordance with established facility guidelines and assist in maintaining outside storage areas.
- Participate in the auditing process including implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace including housekeeping and other effort that supports a clean and safe workplace. Incorporate 5 S (everything has a place) into your work environment.
- Education: High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Experience: 6 months experience in logistics required. Warehouse experience preferred. Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) experience preferred (will train).
- Technical Skills: Basic math required. Must be able to pass Powered Industrial Truck test and skills evaluation and demonstrate the ability to operate the equipment proficiently and safely.
- Other Skills / Abilities: Multi-tasking, teamwork, able to work independently, self-motivation, understanding warehouse terms, problem solving, continuous improvement, passion and commitment, clear and open communication, deliver results. Must be able to speak English.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Relocation benefits would not be offered for this job opening.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Somersworth, NH location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Material Handler to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Material Handler II BMD1 (6am - 6pm)
Material Handler II - BMN1 (shift 6pm - 6am)
Material Handler - BMN1 (6pm to 6am)
Lead Material Handler - BMN2 (6 pm - 6 am)
Material Handler II - BMD1 (6am - 6pm)
Material Handler I - BMN2 (6pm - 6am)
Material Handler - BMN2 (6 pm to 6 am)
Material Handler - BMD1 (12 hr 6am to 6pm)
Material Handler I (shift 3pm - 11 pm)