System Lead Engineer
In Budapest Application Development Center of Continental, we create next generation automotive software solutions which make automated driving safe and affordable. We work towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future of automated driving by delivering software solutions for ADAS customer projects.
For the customer applications of our ADAS ECUs we are looking for a System Lead Engineer in our location in Budapest. As System Lead Engineer you are responsible to specify and design ADAS products. You are responsible for the product definition during quote phase, the product specification, and the product maturity during product lifecycle. The System Lead Engineer interfaces with multiple internal and external stakeholders to understand the various levels of requirements, the viable technologies and anticipated development.
- Prepares and performs System MLC releases to ensure that all necessary activities are performed and the required release documents are available for final release by the System MLC release director.
- Ensuring, elaborating and presenting the status reports and decision options for release management
- End-to-End responsibility to ensure the quality and implementation of L2 requirements.
- Ensure a robust product and system design
- Drive product architecture alignments (including functional safety) and release customized technical product specification (CTPS).
- Responsible for definition of the system engineering plan considering system engineering efforts and methods.
- Act as technical interface to the customer for system(s) engineering related topics
- Lead overall requirements engineering for assigned system level incl. responsibility to consolidate and monitor to ensure on time execution
- Ensures traceability of requirements incl. safety & security goals to system level above and below (supporting) as well as to verification and validation (supporting) for assigned system level
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of System Engineering Project Schedule reflecting all tasks, work packages and responsibilities for the system engineering team according to customer/internal milestones.
- Prepare and perform technical reporting for the product and represent the system engineering team in front of management and the customer.
- Develops of the system operational concept.
- University degree (BSc, MSc, PhD) in a technical area: Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or related.
- Experience in embedded SW development projects, preferable within the automotive industry
- Professional experience in system architecture, requirement engineering, design and documentation
- Experience working according to SAFe (scaled agile framework)
- Good command of the English language
- Collaborative, open-minded, team player attitude
Nice to have:
- Experience in automotive SW standards and requirements
- Technical leadership experience of complex topics and teams
What we offer:
- competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
- bonus system
- annual flexible benefit (Cafeteria)
- private health insurance
- employee discounts
- sport pass support
- flexible work-from-home arrangements during and after the COVID-19 pandemic
- continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills
- personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility
- opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our test vehicles
- ability to directly deliver software into real, innovative products
- easily accessible office location in downtown Budapest (near Kálvin square).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services