Asic Digital Design Architect (m/f/d) REF21756W
We are looking for you to support our area automotive central functions at the location Frankfurt.
As an Asic Digital Design Architect (m/f/diverse) you are responsible for developing parts of an application specific digital integrated circuits (ASIC).
Your task includes specifying digital design requirements & architecture, the design, integration, and verification of the design modules. You will also be responsible for maintaining the necessary development documentation.
Your tasks will focus on the following activities:
- Collect, discuss, and evaluate requirements related to digital design concepts in cooperation with other discipline's developers (product developers, ASIC analog developers, ASIC supplier, system engineering, application etc.)
- Actively support system and/ or component concept development and architecture definition. Bring ideas for new concepts to improve systems/ components digitization
- Specify digital design characteristics and interfaces within component specification document including size estimation (gate count) and effort for assigned work packages
- Evaluate technical and development risks (analysis, mitigation plan, escalation, etc.) for digital ASIC development together with project manager
- Regularly track actual design effort vs. development time and size (gate count), report discrepancies
- Coordinate digital ASIC development work-packages definition, assignment, and tracking (if required)
- Design & verify assigned digital design with appropriate verification environment (integrated or for FPGA)
- Create & maintain all relevant development documentation including configuration and change management
- Support ASIC supplier (if required, e.g., for synthesis, post-layout simulations, technical reviews)
- Apply quality assurance management (use of lessons-learned, peer reviews etc.) and continuous improvement development process and methods as well as used tools
- Academic Degree in electrical engineering, microelectronics or similar with a background in digital design
- Extensive experience in automotive product development
- Extensive experience in VHDL and Verilog based digital design and synthesis tools
- Extensive experience in UVM based verification
- Experience with test bench design and verification/simulation methodologies (directed, randomized, formal etc.)
- Strong development methods with focus on reusability/effort and size (gate count) efficiency required
- Experience in Python appreciated
- Good understanding of the physical design flow is a plus
- Ability to build up and apply application know-how for related analog and digital design
- Very good communication skills in English language, advanced German language skills mandatory (written and spoken)
- Communication skills
- Customer focus (anticipating and understands the customers' needs)
- Team skills (operating as a team player and contributes towards team goals)
- Planning and organizing skills, ability to take initiative and to communicate effectively, eagerness to grow and develop
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
Diversity creates value for a better tomorrow. We offer equal opportunities to everyone - regardless of age, gender, nationality, cultural background, disability, religion, ideology or sexual orientation.
- Exciting and diversified projects
- Collegial environment
- An inside in innovative technologies of the automotive industry
- Wide network to research and development parties
- Big amount of self-reliance
- Modern leadership culture
- Individual choice of working times and locations
- Promotion of personal development
- Individual professional education
- Participation to the company’s success
You would like to learn more about our additional services? Click here to find out more: https://www.continental.com/en/career/working-at-continental/what-we-offer/
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.